Gulyakov Alexander Dmitrievich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, rector of Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), Comp_federalism@yandex.ru
Background. Problems of the Russian federalism are multi-faceted and typical of not only of modern times, but also of the stage of its formation. Russia has experienced and continues to experience repeated changes in its federative model, which is why the Russian federalism is an important and interesting object for comprehensive comparative legal analysis. The aim of this work is to analyze the emergence and main directions of reforming the Russian model of federalism.
Materials and methods. The research tasks were implemented on the basis of a comprehensive analysis of the legislative acts that set the foundations of the Russian model of federalism. The methodological potential included methods of comparative legal and formal legal analysis.
Results. The author has studied the stages of formation of the Russian model of federalism defining formation problems at each stage. The author believes that the practical functioning of the Russian model of federalism is impossible without effective cooperation between the centre and regions, ensuring appropriate management methods for the present conditions.
Conclusions. Preservation of the state integrity, unity of population is a fundamental task, which is only possible utilizing a model of federalism that will not only meet the modern realities, but will also have a solid historical basis. A promising direction of reforming the Russian state at the present stage is to build models of real federalism corresponding to historical traditions and the current state of the country.
1. Semevskiy V. I. Obshchestvennye i politicheskie idei dekabristov [Public and political idead of Decembrists]. Saint-Petersburg, 1909.
2. Vernadskiy G. V. Gosudarstvennaya ustavnaya gramota Rossiyskoy imperii 1820 goda: istoriko-yuridicheskiy ocherk [State statutory charter of the Russian Empire of 1820: a historical and legal essay]. Praga, 1925.
3. Bokhanov A. N., Morozova L. E., Rakhmatullin M. A., Sakharov A. N., Shestakov V. A. Istoriya Rossii s drevneyshikh vremen do nashikh dney [History of Russia from ancient
till modern times]. Moscow, 2016.
4. Genezis federativnykh otnosheniy v sovremennoy Rossii: monogr. [Genesis of federative relations in modern Russia: monograph]. Moscow, 2011.
5. Eroshkin N. P. Istoriya gosudarstvennykh uchrezhdeniy dorevolyutsionnoy Rossii [History of state institutions of pre-revolutionary Russia]. Moscow, 1983.
6. Zaytsev V. M. Sotsial'no-soslovnyy sostav uchastnikov vosstaniya 1863 g. (Opyt statisticheskogo analiza) [The social-class composition of participants of the revolt of 1863]. Moscow, 1973.
7. Pavlenko O. V. Novaya i noveyshaya istoriya [New and contemporary history]. 2016, no. 5.
8. Shul'zhenko Yu. L. Iz istorii federatsii v Rossii (monarkhicheskiy period) [From the federation history of Russia (the monarchic period)]. Moscow, 2005.
9. Gorenberg M. B. Teoriya soyuznogo gosudarstva v trudakh sovremennykh publitsistov Germanii [The theory of federal state in works by modern German publicists]. SaintPetersburg: Tip. N. A. Lebedeva, 1891.
10. Zhilin A. A. Teoriya soyuznogo gosudarstva. Razbor glavneyshikh napravleniy v uchenii o soyuznom gosudarstve i opyt postroeniya ego yuridicheskoy konstruktsii [The
theory of federal state. An analysis of major trends in the study of federal state and the experience of building its legal structure]. Kiev, 1912.
11. Korf S. A. Federalizm [Federalism]. Ogni, 1917.
12. Yashchenko A. S. Teoriya federalizma. Opyt sinteticheskoy teorii prava i gosudarstva [The theory of federalism. The experience of the synthetic theory of law and state]. Yurev, 1912.
13. Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/
14. Uzdimaeva N. I. Rossiyskaya natsional'naya politika: proshloe i sovremennost' (do Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyny): dokl. [Russian national policy: the past and present (before the Great Patriotic War): report]. Available at: URL: http://ep.mrsu.ru/journal/5/ uzdimaeva.html
15. Mal'ko A. V., Sushkova Yu. N. Gosudarstvo i pravo [State and law]. 2016, no. 8, pp. 105–110.
16. Lapteva L. E., Medvedev V. V., Pakhalov M. Yu. Istoriya otechestvennogo gosudarstva i prava: ucheb. dlya bakalavrov [Russian state and law history: textbook for bachelors]. Moscow, 2013.
17. Karr E. Iz istorii Sovetskoy Rossii. Kniga 1. Bol'shevistskaya revolyutsiya 1917–1923 [From the history of Soviet Russia. Book 1. The Bolshevist revolution 1917–1923]. Moscow, 1990, vol. 1.
18. Izvestiya TsK KPSS [Proceedings of CC CPSU]. 1989, no. 9.
19. Gayduk V. V. Institut federalizma: politiko-pravovoe issledovanie: avtoref. dis. d-ra polit. nauk [The institution of federalism: a political and legal stady: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of political sciences]. Moscow, 2008.
20. Primakov E. M. Vstrechi na perekrestkakh [Meetings at intersections]. Moscow: Tsentrpoligraf, 2015,607p.
21. Dobrynin N. M. Novyy federalizm: kontseptual'naya model' gosudarstvennogo ustroystva RF: avtoref. dis. d-ra yurid. nauk [New federalism: a conceptual model of state organization of the Russian Federation: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of juridical sciences]. Tyumen, 2004.
22. Gulyakov A. D. Istoriya gosudarstva i prava [State and law history]. 2016, no. 17.
23. Knyaginin K. N. Konstitutsionnoe i munitsipal'noe pravo [Constitutional and municipal law]. 2015, no. 12.